IN SUMMARY, WE SPECIALIZE IN
- Civil and Structural design, analyses, detailing and certification
- Specialised Civil and Structural integrity studies
- Lifting Machinery Inspections (LMI) on overhead gantry cranes
- Geotechnical design and detailing services
- Specialised construction material design and specification for Engineering purposes
- Architectural designs and services
- Quantity surveying of projects
- Town planning and rezoning
- Topographical surveying of projects
- Three dimensional structural steel shop detailing for fabrication purposes
- Overhead gantry crane design, detailing and execution
- Steel Fabrication specifications and execution thereof
- Structural steel quality control testing and inspections
- Feasibility and execution costing of all different industry projects
- Project management for both consulting and construction phases
- Turnkey and “EPCM” construction phase planning and execution
Our clients turn to us for our distinctive ability to implement solution driven techniques for turnkey projects and complex construction projects.
Our team of consulting and construction professionals offer a single-source solution for all of the design and construction-related needs. Whether it’s restoration, site preparation, facility renovation or a full turkey design and construct project, we have the experience and personnel to provide the highest quality of Engineering solutions that stay on schedule and within budget. We support our client from project inception, to the commissioning of the fully operational product.
Turnkey Implementation Strategy in Building a Brighter and more Competent South Africa Part of the roll out strategy within our Turnkey, design and construct service: We are dedicated to being top-of-class in providing mentoring and opportunities for emerging construction firms from previously disadvantaged communities through sub-contracting and proper management.
Our team is committed to identify and work with as many capable disadvantaged subcontractors and supplies as possible. Committed to create a business incubation environment to nurture small businesses till they are technically competent and financially sound to stand on their own.
Ensuring that sound Engineering design and details are governed within the Swisasekile Services entity, we take great pride in testing different construction materials prior to and during construction phases in so certifying contractors installations and verifying design parameters as specified. A wide range of construction material testing fall within Swisasekile’s scope being, structural concrete, structural timber, masonry and cementitious materials as well as structural steel.
The below points define the different testing entities for structural steel
- Load Testing & Legal Inspection work on overhead gantry cranes.
- Lifting Equipment Inspection and Lifting Equipment surveys, Load Testing, Fixed and loose lifting equipment surveys, Dynamic load supervision, Rigging services and Equipment hiring.
- Non Destructive Testing (NDT) on structural steel welding for certification purposes.
- Non-Destructive Testing: Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI), Dye Penetrant Inspection, Radiography Inspection, Ultrasonic Inspection, Boroscope Inspection, Visual Inspection.
- Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspection according to the required standards. (BEIS)(Boiler Energy Inspection Services)
- IPE ( Inspection of Pressure Equipment) Inspectors and CP (Competent Persons Boiler and Pressure vessels)
- Miscellaneous Inspection & Services: Eddy Current Inspection, General and close visual Inspection.
- Surface Treatment.
- Sand Blasting and Painting micrometre tests.
We work with our Client and Design team in the early phase of drawings, to provide value engineering and suggestions for sitting, constructability, budget and scheduling. Within our Pre-construction Services, we act as a value-added member of the total Artisans design team, enhancing the design segment of the Engineering challenge by providing accurate pricing information and marrying the budget to the actual design.
By incorporating items such as sustainability (life cost cycle) and maintenance costs into our design review, our suggestions can often save the Client money well into the future. Our pre-construction team works to reduce the overall project cost by saving time, labour and expenses. The result is a project designed to the Client’s specifications, within budget and with no surprises.
Our Construction Management (CM) team is closely involved in the planning and design phase and typically joins the project at the same time as the architect. We provide input on constructability, budget, and schedule, which reduces costs. During the construction phase, our full-times is on-site, monitoring work to assure compliance with specifications, budget and schedule.
Our CM team also acts as a liaison to the Client providing the on-going status of the project, producing monthly progress reports which detail the status of the job from start to finish.
As a Turnkey Consultant, our services begin with pricing. We bid out each project in predetermined packages, and verify the validity of the bids using our extensive cost histories. During actual construction, we manage the day to day activity of the project, including safety, quality control and adherence to the schedule. We have the ability to self-perform many aspects of our work, giving us greater control over the schedule and allowing us to truly drive the project.
As a Strategic Construction Partner, we operate as an extension of our client’s own staff, overseeing project construction, facilities management and the design phase as a Principal Agent. Within this role, we create a construction program in which we manage design review, budgeting, scheduling, quality control, safety, and security, as well as any other client requested items. This project delivery method is the best suited for the organization with multiple projects or facilities because it provides a consistent, measurable program through every phase of the design, detailing and construction process which can be extended to any location or facility.
Our culture is one of collaboration and cooperation. This culture provides us with the ability to listen to our clients, subcontractors and vendors in an effort to discover the best means possible to provide the team with an outstanding consulting and construction experience. This ability to listen enables us to maintain successful working relationships with clients, subcontractors and vendors while implementing cutting- edge technology on our projects.
We believe the protection of the environment is an important element of our corporate culture and that no process is so important that we cannot find a safe, healthy and environmentally sound way of carrying it out.
SWISASEKILE SERVICE SAFETY ATTITUDE
“Safely, the only way to work!” That is the motto by which we live.
We are committed to safety above all else, and this commitment is central to everything we do. Our proactive approach creates value for our clients and safeguards our most important assets: our employees.
Our entire team is dedicated to maintaining a safety- focused and environmentally sound business; our safety culture is promoted by each member of our team through planning, implementing and evaluating safety practices on a daily basis.
Our safety program is proactive and action-oriented; everyone from management to trades people are involved in making a zero-incident workplace a reality. We use daily pre-task planning sessions, on-going safety inspections, and weekly safety meetings, safety seminars, special equipment training, safety manual reviews and email updates to assist in attaining our goal of zero incidents. Our safety culture focuses on keeping motivational messages and emotions at the forefront of everything we do - every day.